The company Borrmann Brenner Berlin GmbH was founded in 1949 in Berlin. In the early years, mainly burners for heating bitumen were produced for small craft enterprises, especially for the building and roofing trades.
With the spread of propane as a mobile and clean energy source, new possibilities arose in the construction sector for replacing the heating with coal or wood firing that had been common until then.
In the following years, business contacts with the German Federal Post Office led to an expansion of the production range of hand torches for soldering work as well as torches for bitumen cookers for pouring cable sleeves.
The acquisition of major customers was the declared marketing objective. From a very early stage, the company's philosophy was geared towards innovative products with excellent quality and intensive customer care. This strategy enabled the company to acquire further customers, such as the Deutsche Bundesbahn (German Federal Railways) and a number of large energy supply companies.
When at the beginning of the seventies the German Federal Post Office changed the technology of cable connections, there was no suitable torch range on the market for processing the newly developed shrink sleeves. With a torch innovation developed by Borrmann Brenner Berlin GmbH, this gap in the market was closed and the entire Bundespost was equipped. Based on this, telecommunication companies in Belgium, Switzerland, Austria, Bulgaria, South Africa and the Czech Republic have also been supplied with these burners for many years. At present, the company is working on opening up markets in Southeastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
Towards the end of the 70s, the company succeeded in fully occupying the market segment of gas burners for road construction machinery by actively offering attractive solutions.
In 1994, the company headquarters and production were relocated to Baruth/Mark - OT Schöbendorf in the federal state of Brandenburg.